Visa on Arrival can be obtained at our Visa Counter upon arrival at Cambodia International Airports in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. Please note that not all foreign passport holders can apply for a visa on arrival.
Visa can also be obtained at the following points of entry:
1. Bavet International checkpoint
2. Kha Orm Sam Nor International checkpoint
1. Cham Yeam International checkpoint
2. Poipet International checkpoint 2. O’Smach International checkpoint
Entry Visa requirements:
1. Passport valid for at least four (6) months from the expiry date
2. One recent photograph (4 x 6)
Visa Fees (payment in U.S. Dollar only):
- Tourist Visa: USD 30.00
- Business Visa: USD 35.00
The nationals of Indonesia, Laos, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam and the Philippines do not need a Tourist Visa. They are permitted to stay in the Kingdom for 30 days (21 days for the Filipino national, 14 days for Thai national).
Tourist Visa can be extended once for up to one (1) month (single entry).
- Visitors will be fined USD 5.00 per day for overstay.
- Entry into the Kingdom can be refused to visitors without sufficient funds for their stay and/or a return ticket.
- Visa applications can now also be made on-line prior to arrival at this link https://www.evisa.gov.kh
Good question! The national currency here is the Riel (1 US Dollar = app. 4000 - 4200 Riels), but everybody uses US dollars in Siem Reap. Make sure you always have small change for small shops as they probably won't accept a 50 dollar bill! Beware that worn dollar bills, or even presenting a small tear, will not be accepted in Cambodia.
Important: do not make any change at the airport as the rate is not good at all.
Do not visit Cambodia without medical insurance. Hospitals are extremely basic in the provinces and even in Phnom Penh the facilities are not necessarily what you may be used to at home. Anyone who has a serious injury or illness while in Cambodia may require emergency evacuation to Bangkok. With an insurance policy costing no more than the equivalent of a bottle of beer a day, this evacuation is free. Without an insurance policy, it will cost between US$10,000 and US$20,000. Don’t gamble with your health in Cambodia or you may end up another statistic.
We recommended your discuss required vaccinations with your local health care provider prior to travel.